MYN Statement regarding attack on Masjid Al-Aqsa
Statement from the Muslim Youth Network regarding attack on Masjid Al-Aqsa
Last night, Israeli forces stormed Masjid Al-Aqsa – Islam’s third most holiest site – and attacked peaceful worshippers. The members of Muslim Youth Network extends its support and prayers to the Palestinian people; we pray Allah grants you steadfastness in the face of injustice.
What can you do?
We urge all Muslims to:
- Educate yourself on the plight of the Palestinian people. You can find some great resources here: https://www.foa.org.uk/publication-category/
- Du’a: remember your brothers and sisters in your du’as in these blessed last few days of Ramadan. Encourage your Mosque to perform qunoot for the oppressed.
- Write to your local MP: https://www.foa.org.uk/campaign/save-sheikh-jarrah/
- Support and donate to advocacy organisations and humanitarian charities operating in Palestine.
- Spread awareness: keep the conversation alive by raising awareness of the situation on social media or by talking to family and friends.
Our commitment: Think global, act local.
The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “The parable of the believers in their affection, mercy, and compassion for each other is that of a body. When any limb aches, the whole body reacts with sleeplessness and fever.” [Bukhari & Muslim]
Muslim Youth Network stands firmly in solidarity with the Palestinian people against the Israeli occupation of Palestinian lands. We will always be committed to educating young Muslims about the Palestinian cause and empowering Muslims to take action against injustice.
Muslim Youth Network